Recent Project – Alive Album Art
I just finished the cover art for Buchanan’s upcoming ‘Alive’ album, a collaboration with lead singer Josh Simons. It’s his face that’s sculpted behind the sheet. Really fun project to work on once again!
In the next few weeks I plan to make a ‘making of’ video that details the process behind this album, which involved a few fun steps! I used some photogrammetry techniques to build a rough ‘sketch’ of the head, then sculpted a corrected version in Zbrush. I simulated the “Vacuum seal sheet” that seems to pushing in all around the face using the Ephere Lucid plugin for 3ds Max. I then added specific details to the simulated result – again in Zbrush. Finally it was rendered in 3ds Max using Vray and composited in Photoshop.
I have also created an entry in my Portfolio for this project. I will be adding more details about the project over the next few weeks!
About the author
- My VR Stealth Game Prototype – Espire 1: VR OperativeFebruary 14, 2017
- Making-of Video Buchanan’s “Alive” album coverNovember 2, 2016
- Reel Pictures VR Diary Ep04 – VR CAD Model ViewerOctober 19, 2016
- Reel Pictures Virtual Reality ExperiencesJuly 18, 2016
- Vray Tutorial – Vray Embree HelperNovember 3, 2012
- W.I.W.O: Week 32 – VSSEC Mission to Mars in Stereoscopic 3DAugust 12, 2012