Reel Pictures VR Presentation at NH Architecture
I recently presented my first VR Demo to an audience of Architects with the help of Melbourne based Architect Paul Evans, Reel Pictures Studio Director Alf Kuhlmann and my wife Ivy.
The demo is a Virtual Reality walkthrough for a new 3 story building proposal for the Royal Society of Victoria. This proposal is a collaboration with myself and Architects Paul Evans and Nigel Westbrook.
The 1st floor of this building houses the world’s first dedicated Mixed Reality Museum exhibition space. This is an exhibition dedicated the Hoddle Grid – the backbone of Melbourne.
It’s taken me 6 weeks to develop this very first VR experience. It allows the participant to walk around inside the proposed “Museum of the Hoddle Grid” exhibition area and get an idea of what the holographic virtual exhibits would be like.
We presented this demo to NH Architecture in Melbourne. Next week, we will give the same presentation to the Royal Society of Victoria. It has been a lot of fun (and a lot of late nights) putting it together. Thanks to my family and friends who gave it a test run and supplied some great feedback!
About the author
- My VR Stealth Game Prototype – Espire 1: VR OperativeFebruary 14, 2017
- Reel Pictures VR Diary Ep04 – VR CAD Model ViewerOctober 19, 2016
- Reel Pictures Virtual Reality ExperiencesJuly 18, 2016
- I got a HTC Vive!June 16, 2016
- Vray Tutorial – Vray Embree HelperNovember 3, 2012
- W.I.W.O: Week 32 – VSSEC Mission to Mars in Stereoscopic 3DAugust 12, 2012