Virtual Reality Demo for the Royal Society of Victoria
Tonight was the big night! I did a VR presentation to the Royal Society of Victoria with Paul Evans, Alf Kuhlmann and Ivy Tseung. The VR component was nearly 2 months in the making with 2 audience practice runs beforehand. It was really, really fun and we learnt a lot along the way!
We presented our idea of a “Museum of the Hoddle Grid” – envisioned by Paul Evans and Nigel Westbrook as a 3 story high multi-use building with a dedicated Mixed Reality exhibition space. This would be the 1 location dedicated to the history of Melbourne, Robert Hoddle and his Hoddle Grid.
Fingers crossed this proposal will eventually become a reality!
— RSV (@RoyalSocietyVic) June 9, 2016
About the author
- My VR Stealth Game Prototype – Espire 1: VR OperativeFebruary 14, 2017
- Reel Pictures VR Diary Ep04 – VR CAD Model ViewerOctober 19, 2016
- Reel Pictures Virtual Reality ExperiencesJuly 18, 2016
- I got a HTC Vive!June 16, 2016
- Vray Tutorial – Vray Embree HelperNovember 3, 2012
- W.I.W.O: Week 32 – VSSEC Mission to Mars in Stereoscopic 3DAugust 12, 2012