Adding 3D animation to Inspire 1 Drone Footage
I had a lot of fun at Reel Pictures working on a project shot on the Inspire 1 Drone. We added 3D animation to 4 aerial shots of a 3.5 acre subdivision in Gisborne, Australia.
The aerial footage was shot in 4k by Eye Of The Sky using their Inspire 1 drones. The footage turned out great and amazingly no Lens correction or rolling shutter removal was necessary to get a camera track. The drone’s camera is controlled independently of the drone itself and is locked on a Gimbal so there are no vibrations. Tt also has great auto-focus and auto-exposure.
After tracking the footage we made the estate come to life, adding the boundary lines, fences, structures, roads, trees and animals. This was a fun job and a good opportunity to test out the new Alembic playback-graph feature in 3ds Max 2016. Also made good use of the Animators Toolkit (ATK).
You can read more about this project in my LODE portfolio.
About the author
- My VR Stealth Game Prototype – Espire 1: VR OperativeFebruary 14, 2017
- Reel Pictures VR Diary Ep04 – VR CAD Model ViewerOctober 19, 2016
- Recent Project – Alive Album ArtOctober 7, 2016
- Reel Pictures Virtual Reality ExperiencesJuly 18, 2016
- Vray Tutorial – Vray Embree HelperNovember 3, 2012
- W.I.W.O: Week 32 – VSSEC Mission to Mars in Stereoscopic 3DAugust 12, 2012