Animated content for the 2015 Toyota Camry Launch
Reel Pictures recently created a number of animated sequences for the 2015 Toyota Camry Launch in late April. This is the last time a Toyota car will be manufactured locally in Australia and the launch ceremony was held at the Altona Manafacturing plant with over 3000 employees present. The launch celebrated the many different teams responsible for the production of a car, including Design, Powertrain, Resin, and Assembly.
We animated 9 different looping states that could be timed with the on-stage procession. There was also a large circular LED screen that masked the car. The different components would ‘fly’ from the rear screen ‘into’ the ‘pot’ (circular LED screen) which was cooking the car inside. The animations would sync across both screens and the on-stage calls.
This was a great project to have been a part of and there is more information about the Launch and the state of the Australian Car manufacturing industry on the Age Newspaper website.
About the author
- My VR Stealth Game Prototype – Espire 1: VR OperativeFebruary 14, 2017
- Recent Project – Alive Album ArtOctober 7, 2016
- Reel Pictures Virtual Reality ExperiencesJuly 18, 2016
- Vray Tutorial – Vray Embree HelperNovember 3, 2012
- W.I.W.O: Week 32 – VSSEC Mission to Mars in Stereoscopic 3DAugust 12, 2012